Saturday, February 27, 2010

Menu for March 1st - 7th

Well it's a big week for our house. We are having the boys combined birthday party. Supposed to be all outside, if it rains I will cry! Kili is the student of the week in her class, she is very excited. She made a poster all about her and can't wait to show it to her class. I'm having a PBR for my side business on monday, and just doing our normal weekly routine. My seasonal box this week has cabbage and parsnips in it and i'm so excited. A parsnip looks like a white carrot and tastes similar to one, just with a little radish kick. You can roast, steam or boil them, we don't get them very often so I usually just cook them with our butter carrots. Still waiting for different fruit though. I try to cook different things all the time so this week i'm experimenting with salmon. I love sushi but usually don't eat or make a lot of cooked fish, so we will see how it goes. Also this week i'm going to use my shredded chicken for tacos and a second recipe. I have been trying to do that more, double up on a protein or carb the first time so for the next recipe its ready to go. Thats a helpful tip if you are like me and have no spare time! I did finish a book this week, and I will be honest it took me 2 years to read it, but I did it. The book was Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and it is a wonderful book. All about eating seasonal, local and organic.


Monday- Baked Rigatoni, kale
Tuesday- Shredded Chicken Tacos( i'm making a double batch to use half in another recipe), orange kiwi salad
Wednesday- Soy Salmon, Stir fried veggies and ramen
Thursday- Creamy Red Chile Chicken with noodles, butter carrots and parsnips
Friday- Western Bacon Cheeseburger. sweet potato fries
Saturday- Bodhi and Loki Super Mario Brothers birthday party! Lasagna, Pizza, Garlic Bread, Green Salad
Sunday- Ribeyes, baked potato, brussel sprouts

Dessert of the Week: Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to getting the recipe for white lasagna. That was mmmmmmmm as Loki says.

    ReplyDelete