Monday, May 3, 2010

Menu for May 3rd- May 9th

Well last week didn't up the way I planned, I ended up catching some kind of cold. So 2 of my recipes didn't get made, we had kfc and pizza instead, while I layed on the couch and hoped to get better. I have for the most part made a full recovery, still tired though. We did make it to the choctaw festival which the the kids and I really enjoyed. This week we have Cinco de Mayo and Mother's Day! Kili also has her final book report of the year to turn in, a diorama, she is very excited. I'm glad that she didn't get the fear of public speaking that I have. She loves to stand up in front and talk! For Cinco de Mayo i'm going to pick up tacos from Las Salsas. Even though I make good tacos, their little tacos can't be beat! And we will have margaritas of course. I have no clue what we will have on Mother's Day, but I will be relaxing and enjoying being a mom. On the menu this week I have one adapted recipe from pampered chef, one recipe from a new friend, one new recipe of my own, and a twist on a old favorite.


Monday- Tortellini Toss, broccoli
Tuesday- Open Faced Patty Melt on Texas Toast, fries, green salad
Wednesday- Cinco de Mayo- Tacos and Margaritas
Thursday- Leah's Slow Cooked Chicken, Parmesan Bow Ties, butter carrots
Friday- Steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus
Saturday- Orange Shrimp, rice pilaf, peas
Sunday- Mother's Day


Dessert of the Week: Peanut Butter Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment