Sunday, January 31, 2010

Menu for February 1st - February 7th

What an exciting week its superbowl weekend so i'm off to the beach with the kids for a few days. So I was looking at Food Networks website last week and they have a ton of recipes that look really good. It is all the superbowl and Miami inspired stuff. I saw a picture of this burger that looked so good, so I added to this weeks menu, it's a Bobby Flay recipe. Since we purchased 1/2 a cow with my parents I have a ton of red meat, so I thought hmm whats something new you can do with round steak, spicy swiss steak that will work. Monterey chicken casserole is based on Chili's Monterey Chicken. In my AHO box this week we got some new stuff, brussel sprouts and a broccoflower. My husband says the broccoflower doesn't look edible, but I think it is, it just looks really strange. Also this week I will be posting 2 appetizer recipes for gameday. Also if your thinking hey blueberries are not in season, no they are not i'm using frozen. Everybody enjoy the game, and enjoy everyday!

Monday- Cuban Burger, potato chips, oranges
Tuesday- Spicy Swiss Steak, brown rice, green salad
Wednesday- Monterey Chicken Casserole, mashed potatoes, cauliflower
Thursday- Beef Enchilada Stack, Smothered Brussel Sprouts
Friday- Cheesy Ham Potato Broccoflower Soup, bread
Saturday- Headed to Beach
Sunday- Superbowl! Go Saints!

Dessert of the Week: Crumb Topped Blueberry Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment