Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hula Stir Fry

When Kili came to me last week and told me she wanted to cook dinner, I was thrilled. I told her to go through her cookbooks and pick a recipe and I would add it to the menu. After going through all her cookbooks she found a recipe in the Better Homes and Garden Junior Cookbook that she wanted to make. A stir fry with noodles and pineapple in it. I thought it looked like something she could make and something everybody would enjoy. I changed it quite a bit, the original recipe called for frozen veggies and bottled stir fry sauce. I have way to many fresh veggies in this house so thats what I used. Then I created a kid friendly stir fry sauce, and we were ready to go. Here it is, maybe a little bitty in your house would like to try making it.

Ingredients:
2 packages ramen noodles, broken up in a bowl, discard seasoning mix
1 cup stir fry sauce
2 cups blanched veggies, use whatever you have, I used broccoli, carrots and snap peas
1 cup canned pineapple chunks with juice
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
1/4 of a yellow onion, sliced
1/2 cup beef broth
pam or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Make It:
Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat, add pam or vegetable oil. Once hot add chicken and stir fry for 6 minutes. Add vegetables and onion and another spray of pam or vegetable oil and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add noodles, pineapple, stir fry sauce and beef broth. Stir to combine. Cover and let cook for 2 minutes, uncover and stir. Recover and cook another 2 minutes. Uncover and stir, breaking up noodles if needed. Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment